Andrea Battle Sims Senior Consultant
Andrea Battle Sims is a Senior Consultant for the Recruitment Division within The Waters Consulting Group (WCG). She manages all phases of the recruitment process for public-sector executives, including chief information officers, city and assistant city managers, police chiefs, city and county attorneys, and departmental and organizational directors.
Andrea has more than 20 years of experience in information technology, electronic data process (EDP) auditing, and public- and private-sector management. Prior to joining WCG, she served as the IT director for Cleveland (Ohio) Public Schools and IT deputy director for Cuyahoga County, Ohio. While at Cuyahoga County, Andrea created a startup venture to sell public computer access to the legal community.
She has held management positions at AT&T, Progressive Insurance and National City Bank, where she managed IT projects and professionals, and served as an internal consultant/auditor. She also successfully managed IT professionals through the change process from legacy to client-server technologies, including both private- and public-sector Year 2000 implementations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Executive Recruitment
- Recruitment and Retention Training
- Diversity-based Recruitment and Retention
- Information Technology Leadership
- Organizational Assessment
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Change Management
PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND EDUCATION
Andrea received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Spelman College in Georgia and a master’s degree in operations research from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Her post-graduate education includes numerous executive development seminars and certifications from the Leadership Academy at Cleveland State University, the Anderson School at UCLA and the Gartner Group.
Current and past civic involvement includes service on the board of trustees for the Gathering Place, American Cancer Society (Cuyahoga Unit), and Junior League of Cleveland, as well as leadership positions with Links, Inc., the Spelman Alumnae Association, and Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
- The Waters Consulting Group to Focus on E-Solutions and Executive Recruitment Following Sale of Compensation Practice
- Waters Consulting Group to Exhibit at Annual Conference of the Texas Municipal League
- Waters Consulting Group to Exhibit at Conference of the International City/County Management Association
- Rollie Waters Offers Advice on Choosing an Executive Search Firm
- Public Services Consolidation Continues Amid Debate Over Benefits
Connect With Us
Search the site
- Organizational Development: Shaping the Future of the Business March 11, 2014How do you create and change company culture? It’s a question organizations pay big bucks to answer. The simple response is: through people. Organizational development groups both big and small keep human capital at the heart of this mission. Why? Because aligning people practices, […]
- 5 Things Training Professionals Can Learn From Watching "Bar Rescue" March 10, 2014“ Bar Rescue ” is a makeover/reality show that airs on Spike, and follows bar industry specialist Jon Taffer as he renovates and rescues failing bar establishments across the U.S. What I find interesting about the show is that many […]
The Waters Consulting Group, Inc | Headquarters: 5050 Quorum Drive, Suite 625 | Dallas, TX 75254 | [Toll-free:] 800.899.1669 | [e] firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2014. Waters Consulting Group. All rights reserved.